Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kingdom Keepers, by Ridley Pearson


Kingdom Keepers
Author:  Ridley Pearson
Publisher: Disney Editions    Year: 2005
ISBN:  0-7868-5444-8
Genre: Fiction/Adventure
This book is for Ages: 8 up
AR Points: 9.0
Subjects/Themes: Magic Good and Evil

Finn was hired so Disney Hologram Imaging could use his likeness as a Disney Host Interactive.  The Imagineers created a holographic tour guide using him and 4 other kids as models.  Lately Finn has been having bad dreams and one night he wakes up in Disney World and meets a mysterious man who tells him that it is the responsibility of all the DHIs to save from the Overtakers.  Finn gets shot at by pirates explores the magic kingdom at night and with the four other DHIs tries to solve the mystery of the stonecutters quill. 
I really like Disney, the parks the movies, all of it.  I have Disney purses, and jewelry and I go to the park several times a year, I got to the premieres, and events.  That being said, I was very disappointed with this book.  The characters were flat and the only one I had any feelings for was Dillard who plays a less than minor role in the book. I finished the book because I wanted to include it in my digital record.  Kingdom Keepers feels like a story that was patched together to market all things Disney.  It is even less substantial than a hologram. Ridley Pearson has some incredible material and the opportunity to use Disney’s characters is amazing.  So my question is really, “Wow, how did that happen?”

No comments:

Post a Comment